Following the success of the first courses, the following MOOCs will be back online with contributors who are experts in their fields, and just as enthusiastic as ever.
Introduction to mobile networks
This MOOC, which will commence on 17th March 2015, aims to reveal the technologies that lie behind acronyms such as GSM, 3G and LTE, and to give students an understanding of how these networks, which offer communication and access to the internet, function whether you are in the city or in the countryside.
The aims of the course are:
- To learn the general principles common to all mobile networks;
- To understand the architecture of mobile networks and its principal components: access network and core network (illustration with GSM and LTE);
- To learn the principles of the radio interface of mobile networks;
- To find out about several basic radio procedures;
- To find out about the planned development of LTE networks.
The teaching staff for this course is composed of Professors from Télécom Bretagne.
Registration is open until 8th June and the course will finish on 9th June 2015.
Principles of data networks
This MOOC, which will begin on 12th March 2015, offers students the opportunity to learn about the network technology that enables us to surf the web, communicate on social networks, watch films online, play games remotely, or simply to make phone calls.
- To learn about network technology, particularly IP
- To understand the vocabulary, concepts and mechanisms that are common to all IT networks as well as the organization of a global network, the functioning of its components and the importance of standards and protocols.
By the end of the course students will be able to define and implement a routing plan, read frames received on a network and read network protocol norms and standards. For the second session of this course, the workload for students has been reduced through a restructuring of the tutorial classes and practical tasks.
The teaching staff for the course is composed of Professors from Télécom Paris, Télécom SudParis and Télécom Bretagne.
Registration is open until 30th May and the course will end on 31st May 2015.
>> Information and registration