17 students from the IMT Mines Alès engineering programme and 44 students and apprentices from the GIP-InSIC of the Mines Nancy engineering programme specialising in mechanical engineering in partnership with ITII Lorraine worked on 10 innovative projects proposed by several companies during the “TechTheFutur de Saint-Dié-des-Vosges” special digital acceleration weekend organised on 14 and 15 November by the Institut Supérieur d’Ingénierie de la Conception (GIP-InSIC) of Saint-Dié-des-Vosges and IMT Mines Alès.
#TechTheFutur, the technological development programme for ambitious entrepreneurs and their territories, particularly in industry, digital and ecological transition, was initiated by IMT Mines Alès in 2016. Several companies proposed different projects on which the pupils, students and apprentices – future engineers – worked in groups over the weekend accompanied by coaches and company representatives. The coaches are consultants, responsible for company relations at IMT Grand Est, IMT Mines Alès, IMT Lille-Douai and GIP-InSIC, teacher-researchers, accountants and innovation engineers.
2 days of exchanges, creativity and innovation at the service of 10 innovative projects from local companies:
- Ghent on the diversification of fabrics in the decorative sector
- Daillot on the creation of a new range
- INORI on new applications of the Pack&Strat process
- 2 CIRTES projects on the application of the Stratoconception process to wooden objects and for decoration.
- 3 Innov’Autonomie projects on the design of an adaptable transfer board, on the deployment of computer networks in healthcare establishments and on the design of a tablet support for a health and nature discovery trail
- Frontier AM (start-up company) for the design of a drop-off package for assistance to isolated people in the event of environmental disasters.
- The Cleany For All movement, based in Albi, proposed a topic on the design of a mobile application.
The weekend following the project thus allowed new ideas to emerge, validate the development of new products and services, build specifications, and give impetus to the project’s new directions.
Thanks to the coaches mobilised this weekend and to all the participants, a great success recognised by the companies present.