Organized by IMT’s schools, METHA Europe 2018 is a competition for innovative projects on the topic of the “Sustainable City”. During the final, held on 12 April at EVER Monaco 2018, the candidates presented their projects in 5 minutes to a panel of judges composed of professionals.
The winners in 2018 are:
- Students prize: Bumpie Bop (incubated at IMT Alès) who designed a roadside station that generates electricity when vehicles pass.
- Ante Création prize: eVo Pods (incubated at IMT Alès). These capsules allow any bike to be turned into an electric bike in just a few seconds and are made available to users in stations set up in towns and cities. The aim is to reduce the use of cars for everyday journeys.
- Development prize: Zeplug proposes a charging service for electric and hybrid vehicles specially designed to meet the needs of businesses and individuals living in co-ownership buildings.
This year, two additional prizes were awarded:
- 1 special GRTgaz prize awarded to Rossini Energy for its smart cable allowing users to contribute to the energy transition.
- 1 special SMEG prize awarded to Marianka for its project called “La Matière Bavarde” (“Chatty Matter”), incubated at Albi. The company specializes in connected interactive surfaces. La Matière Bavarde is patented technology that allows any surface to be turned into a sensor.
Some of the finalists came to present their concepts at IMT’s stand during the EVER forum and received a visit from His Serene Highness Prince Albert II, accompanied by the president of Cape Verde.