The Télécom & Société Numérique Carnot Institute (which consists of the Télécom schools of IMT, Eurecom, Télécom Saint-Etienne, Télécom Physique Strasbourg, two Polytechnic laboratories and the Strate design school) recently awarded labels of excellence (TSN Carnot Platform) to 6 technology platforms which are accessible to companies and located across different regions in France (within the members of the TSN Carnot themselves).
The platforms: a way in for companies
According to Christian Picory-Donné, Director of the Télécom & Société Numérique Carnot Institute and Director of Partnerships at IMT, “Télécom & Société numérique is a reference point in digital technology and its various fields of application. It is our job to put our expertise and research at the disposal of companies. The “TSN Carnot Platform” label identifies platforms within our technology ranges which are directly open to companies. These platforms are regional starting points that then enable broader access to the R&D skills of our Carnot Institute.”
Offering such accredited platforms entails the highest level of expertise and state of the art equipment in precise fields. They are open to public and private researchers for development of their research, exchanges of results, proof of concepts, tests, experiments and training.
The 6 chosen platforms
In the domain of data processing for observation of the environment:
- SERTIT, Service Régional de Traitement d’Image et de Télédétection – Télécom Physique Strasbourg
- OSE, Observation et Surveillance de l’Environnement, Vigisat (sea and land observation) and TASM (digital communication via acoustic underwater links) – Télécom Bretagne
In the domain of fixed and mobile networks:
- OpenAir, open source hardware/software for wireless connections – Eurecom
- EUROP, fixed networks and very high speed communication, Télécom Saint-Etienne
In the domain of data and services:
- Teralab, big data and cloud computing – IMT
In the domain of optics and components:
• Arago, technology platform for fiber optic communication, components (clean room), optics and optoelectronics and 3D imaging – Télécom Bretagne
See also on YouTube