Institut Mines-Télécom (IMT), the leading group of engineering and management schools in France, supports the tech ecosystem related to Smart Building, the Smart City and the Sustainable City. Its METHA Europe competition rewards entrepreneurs in three different categories. It has also teamed up with Ever Monaco, SBLM, and MonacoTech to co-organize a pitch competition open to start-ups exhibiting in the village.
Winners of the METHA Europe competition
Organized by IMT Nord Europe and supported by Institut Mines-Télécom, METHA Europe is a competition open to a wide range of innovators in three categories: “Student” , “Ante-creation” and “Start-up”.
- Student category: Traq-KING (Mines Saint-Etienne incubator) – Universal traceability for freight consolidation
- Ante-creation Category: Altere (IMT Mines Albi incubator) – Solar concentrator kit providing renewable thermal energy for industry
- Start-up category: Lign.O (Mines Saint-Etienne incubator) – For a sustainable city and housing
The METHA Europe competition awards €5,500 in prizes.
Winners of the Start-up Village Pitch Competition
1st place IMT Prize
Green Systems Automotives has developed the first adaptable biofuel conversion device (Flex-Fuel technology) specifically developed for the powered two-wheeler and boating market.
The €3,500 prize was awarded by Françoise Prêteux, Director of Economic Development at Institut Mines-Télécom.
2nd place MC2D/EVER Prize
A-BIM is digitizing the management of port infrastructure & submerged structure assets.
The winner was awarded €2,000 and a free stand at Forum EVER 2023.
ESPOIRS des Partenaires (Rising Star) Prizes
- 3rd place ESPOIRS des Partenaires (Rising Star) Prize: FGWRS
- 4th place ESPOIRS des Partenaires (Rising Star) Prize: A-BIM
- 5th place ESPOIRS des Partenaires (Rising Star) Prize: Lign.O
- IMT ‘Coup de Cœur’ (Judges’ favorite) Prize
L’Atelier Organique (IMT Mines Alès incubator) proposes urban greening solutions in the form of self-supporting plant towers that are water and energy self-sufficient. Françoise Prêteux, Director of Economic Development at Institut Mines-Télécom, presented the winners with this €1,500 prize.