IMT and its partners
invite you to
The SUSTAINABLE ENERGY day of Futuring Cities
Tuesday October 7th – from 9 am to 5 pm
46 rue Barrault, 75013 Paris
Sustainable energy will be the focus of the second scientific day of the “Futuring Cities” program dedicated to the future of cities and countries, which will take place next October 7th at IMT.
With the intensification of individuals’ consumption habits, the concentration of industry, the development of services (education, commerce, etc.) and ecological advances, we are facing a dual challenge of the depletion of energy resources and global warming. A transition is underway and will radically transform the way we live and consume as well as our energy needs and will initiate a process of adaptation to climate change. In this context cities have a role to play as they intensify and concentrate these phenomena and evolutions. This is why IMT developed this research program involving local authorities, businesses and researchers.
On this day, IMT invites attendees to see how the research conducted in its graduate schools’ laboratories can gear these evolutions to more sustainable energy consumption through the three following themes: energy efficiency, renewable energies, and smart grids.
Researchers from Mines Albi-Carmaux, Mines Alès, Mines ParisTech, Télécom Paris and Télécom SudParis will contribute to the program for the Sustainable Energy day:
9:30 – 10:00: Presentation of the Futuring Cities initiative by Francis Jutand, scientific director of IMT
10:00 – 12h15: Energy efficiency
- 10:00 – 10:40: Buildings and neighborhood eco-design
- 10:40 – 11:20: Lifecycle analysis
- 11:20 – 12:00: Small system of energy efficiency
12:00 – 1:00: Lunch
1:00 – 2:30: Smart Grids
- 1:00 – 1:40: Cities & smart grids
- 1:40 – 2:20: Management and planning of distribution networks in the context of smart grids
- 2:20 – 3:00: Charging points for electric cars and payment methods; intelligent exchange points for a connected city
3:00 – 4:30: Renewable energies
- 3:00 – 3:40: Analysis of the energy potential of a territory (wind, sun, etc.)
- 3:40 – 3:50: Towards a 100% RE (Renewable Energies) energy scenario
- 3:50 – 4:30: Biomass as a solution for waste processing?
4:30 – 5:00: Conclusion
Futuring Cities is an initiative of IMT (renowned for its network of top-level engineering graduate schools throughout France), intended for local authorities as well as for businesses that wish to fully embrace energy transition, ecological transition and the digital metamorphosis in order to tackle the challenges of today’s and tomorrow’s society.
Futuring Cities’ partners: UFO, MOKA, Tactics and International Items