Henri Maître, professor emeritus at Télécom Paris, appointed Scientific Integrity Advisor
Henri Maître, professor emeritus at Télécom Paris, has been appointed Scientific Integrity Advisor at Institut Mines-Télécom. In this role, he will propose policy considerations related to scientific integrity and its implementation to the Executive Director, Odile Gauthier.
The Scientific Integrity Advisor has the following responsibilities:
- coordinate awareness efforts and training for IMT staff on compliance with scientific integrity requirements and contribute to the promotion of the ethics charter for research professions;
- propose a system based on transparent procedures for dealing with allegations of scientific integrity breaches, from the conditions governing the admissibility of a report to the assessment of the alleged misconduct and its classification;
- investigate the reports while ensuring the necessary confidentiality;
- propose a policy for preventing breaches of scientific integrity and the procedures for its implementation;
- coordinate the prevention of breaches;
- coordinate the network of scientific integrity representatives from the schools;
- ensure that data and publications affected by a breach of scientific integrity requirements (which have been investigated and classified as a breach) are reported to the parties concerned;
- make proposals to the executive director to improve internal measures or practices that do not provide sufficient guarantees in terms of scientific integrity;
- to represent IMT in the network of scientific integrity advisors.
To complete these tasks, Henri Maître will receive support from the scientific director at IMT and from the schools’ research directors.