Data and digital technology are central to the major changes occurring in human societies. Whether in professional or personal activities, in industry, education, culture, health or services, in international organizations or in the craft industry, in circles of friends, family or personal life, artificial intelligence and data science are revolutionizing our habits and activities.
Major innovations in data collection and computing capacity have allowed implementation of AI techniques on increasingly large volumes of data and on more and more complex functions. Advances in research on AI itself (algorithms, models, hybrid systems, etc.) are facilitated by communities, sectors and organizations eager for new, innovative and disruptive solutions. It is therefore essential to strengthen and extend this research domain, to develop it in partnership with socio-economic actors, while ensuring that humans are at the center of the new services and new uses.
This scientific theme has applications in a wide range of fields: from health to industry 4.0, including transport, energy, etc. As such, it constitutes a technological core supporting many other IMT themes.
Our success stories
Joint AI: a platform to facilitate Franco-German AI research
CoronaCheck: untangling the true from the false on the covid epidemic-19
GAIA-X: European, interoperable and sovereign cloud initiative
- AI4EU : Artificial Intelligence for Europe
- BOOST 4.0 : Big Data Value Spaces for Competitiveness of European Connected Smart Factories 4.0
- CloudButton : Serverless Data Analytics Platform
- IOSTACK : Software Defined Storage for Big Data (EURECOM)
- MeMAD : Methods for Managing Audiovisual Data: Combining Automatic Efficiency with Human Accuracy (EURECOM)
- MIDIH : Manufacturing Industry Digital Innovation Hubs
- SILKNOW : Silk heritage in the Knowledge Society: from punched cards to big data, deep learning and visual / tangible simulations (EURECOM)
- SLAB : Signal processing and Learning Applied to Brain data
- subCULTron : submarine cultures perform long-term robotic exploration of unconventional environmental niches
- Artificial intelligence and Covid-19
AI@IMT : Doctoral program in AI co-financed by the ANR, selected in April 2020 within the framework of the National Program for AI
- Operational AI Ethics : a multidisciplinary research initiative bringing together teacher-researchers from different academic branches with the ambition to create operational artificial intelligence tools that integrate, from the design phase, ethical principles for the development of artificial intelligence in the service of the general interest.
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence for Digitalized Industry and Services chair (Télécom Paris and Télécom SudParis)
- Data Engineering and Artificial Intelligence Teaching Chair for Banking and Insurance (Télécom Paris with the BPCE group)
- Data Science for e-commerce teaching chair (Télécom SudParis et Télécom Paris avec VeePee)
- XAI-4-AML : Explanability of Artificial Intelligence for Money Laundering (Télécom Paris & Télécom SudParis)
- AI OceaniX: Physics-Informed AI for Observation-driven Ocean AnalytiX . AI at the service of ocean analysis (IMT Atlantique with 20 partners)
- Machine Learning for Big Data chair (Télécom Paris with BNP Paribas , Criteo , PSA Groupe , Safran, Valeo)
- Teaching Chair in Data Science Pedagogy (Télécom Paris with Bearing Point)
- ANR chair NoRDF project : Modeling and Extracting Complex Information from Natural Language Text (Télécom Paris)
- Chair in Optimizing and Quantifying Uncertainty for Onerous Data (Mines Saint-Étienne with the Camille Jourdan Institute & Radioprotection Institute of Nuclear Safety, the Geological and Mining Research Office; Safran Tech; IFP Énergies Nouvelles, the French Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies Commission and Storengy)
- Teaching chair in Methods and Algorithms for Artificial Intelligence (Télécom Paris with Talan)
- Values and policies of personal information chair (Télécom Paris & Télécom SudParis with BNP Paribas, Dassault Systèmes, Imprimerie Nationale group, LVMH, Orange)
- Chair in Cybersecurity of critical infrastructures (IMT Atlantique, Télécom SudParis & Télécom Paris, with 7 industrial partners and the Brittany region)
- Chair ” Connected Cars & Cyber Security ” (Telecom Paris with Nokia, Renault, Thales, Valeo & Wavestone)
- Chair of Cyber Defence of Naval Systems (IMT Atlantique)
- Chair VALADoE : Added Value Data and Energy (IMT Atlantique, Mines Saint-Étienne, Télécom ParisTech with ENEDIS, Nantes Métropole, Région Pays de la Loire)
- Chair M@D: Home Maintenance (IMT Atlantique with ENSIBS and Kerpape)
- Chair Medical imaging for interventional therapies (IMT Atlantique avec l’INSERM)
- Chair Good in Tech (IMT-BS, Télécom Paris, Télécom SudParis & Science Po)
- TransOp : Optimising engineering operational resource planning in passenger transport, with EURODECISION and the Cosling start-up company (IMT Atlantique)
- IA global research centre dedicated to artificial intelligence and deep learning in automotive applications (Télécom Paris, Télécom SudParis & Valeo)
- IA TV which aims to eventually deploy a generic deep learning platform for the optimal exploitation of the processes of creation, production and distribution of television content. (Telecom SudParis & France Télévisions)
- IS Lab : an Innovation (support) Lab specialised in information systems focused on Digital Intelligence issues, in particular digital transformation and data management, at the heart of the technical and managerial challenges of organisations. (Télécom SudParis, IMT-BS)
The different schools of IMT offer a large and varied range of Master’s courses, Master of Science, a set of courses dedicated to AI and data sciences:
- Masters of Institut Polytechnique de Paris (IP Paris) (starting on 09/2020) in which : DataAI et Data Science (Télécom Paris & Télécom SudParis)
- Master “Mathematics Vision Learning” (français, anglais) common to IP Paris et Université Paris-Saclay (Télécom Paris & Télécom SudParis)
- Involvement in different courses :
- Master in bioimaging with Paris Descartes (where there is a section on apprenticeship)
- Master in Informatics Univ. Lyon, international course Cyber-Physical Social Systems (CPS2) (joint responsibility between Mines Saint-Etienne and Jean Monnet University)
- Master in Informatics Univ. Lyon, Data and Connected Systems (DSC) Path (joint responsibility between Mines Saint-Etienne and Jean Monnet University)
- MSc Health Management & Data Intelligence (run by Mines Saint-Etienne & EMLyon Business School)
- Master of Science in IT – specialization in Data Science, in Communication System and Network Engineering, in Information System Governance (IMT Atlantique)
- MSc in Management and Optimization of Supply Chains and Transport (IMT Atlantique)
- Master Optimisation in operational research (IMT Atlantique et Université de Nantes)
- Master Data Science (IMT Lille Douai, Université de Lille & école Centrale de Lille)
- MSC M1 in English Data Analysis and Pattern Classification (Télécom SudParis)
- M2 Sc in French Information processing and exploitation of data (Télécom SudParis, Université de Versailles & CNAM)
- M2 S Data Science and Network Intelligence (Télécom SudParis, Univesity Carlos III, Madrid, Asian Institute of Technology and National Chiao Tung University).
- Master Data Protection Management (IMT, BS)
- MOOC Data intelligence (Data and AI) in production (financed by IMT, Mooc DRAHI)
- AMIE software: a system to identify Horn’s associative rules in knowledge bases.
- Combinatorial Creativity Tool software: Combinatorial creativity combines existing concepts in a new way to produce new concepts.
- Evolife software: a genetic algorithm in which individuals represent variants of solutions to a problem.
- Moa software: Platform for data stream extraction with a collection of statistical learning algorithms and evaluation tools.
- Pathfinding software: Path search library for the Rust programming language.
- SAMOA software: Statistical learning platform for distributed flows that allows the development of algorithms without the complexity of processing engines.
- Scikit-learn software: Python library for statistical learning: random forests, logistic regressions, classification algorithms and support vector machines.
- Scikit-multiflow software: Python library for multi-output/multi-label data and data streams that complements scikit-learn.
- Scikit-network software: Python library for the analysis of large graphs such as social networks, web graphs and relational data.
- StreamDM software: StreamDM allows data mining within data streams with Spark Streaming.
- YAGO software: Yago is one of the first major public knowledge bases, integrating information from Wikidata and schema.org to provide them with intelligence and context.