The “Production Systems” research area focuses on all the components of productive systems throughout the lifecycle of products/services and on production equipment. It therefore covers design, operation, maintenance, internal and external logistics, and recycling.
Research conducted in this area ranges from the development of models to the methods and tools developed through the scientific fields of automation (modeling, system control), computer science (artificial intelligence, computer engineering, information technologies etc.) and operational research (optimization, planning, scheduling etc.).
Challenges in this area are wide-ranging and include :
- Industry 4.0 : incorporating and making best use of the latest advances in computing and artificial intelligence (cloud computing, cybersecurity, collaborative computing, M2M communication, virtual reality, Internet of Things etc.) to adapt and improve existing decision support tools to meet the challenges of Industry 4.0.
- Sustainable development : developing decision support tools (forecast and prediction models, optimization models and methods, simulation etc.) to move towards a circular economy.
- Human aspects : incorporating human beings in decision support models and tools in order to improve their working conditions.
CORENSTOCK Industrial Chair
Lifecycle-oriented design & systematic approach for energy efficiency in heating system storage, co-funded equally by the French National Research Agency (ANR) and elm.leblanc
LeArning and robuSt deciSIon SupporT systems for agile mANufacTuring environments, H2020 project in coordination with IMT
Technology platform intended to support SMEs, midcaps and microenterprises from the Loire department as they move towards the Industry of the Future. Companies have access to a physical and virtual factory and a cooperative space where companies, researchers and engineering students work together
- Sustainable regional industrialization – Thinking revolving around “Futuring cities” and the industry of the future – Mines Saint-Étienne
- ASSISTANT: Learning and Robust Decision Support Systems for Agile Manufacturing Environments – Development of smart digital twins to optimize the design and operation of complex production systems (H2020 project) – IMT Atlantique
- DISC project – Franco-German project through the Franco-German Academy for the Industry of the Future in partnership with Airbus, dedicated to optimizing logistic flow and the use of data – IMT Atlantique
- AI@IMT: PhD Program on AI co-funded by the ANR, selected in April 2020 as part of the National AI Program – IMT Atlantique, Mines Saint-Étienne, IMT Nord Europe
- WISSTITWIN: Wireless and Integrated Multi-Parameters SAW Sensors Technologies for Implementation of a Digital Twin for Electrical Machines – ANR project that aims to develop a network of multi-parameter sensors to equip an electrical machine. These sensors will continuously transmit data to update the digital model of the electrical machine, known as a digital twin. Partners: IEMN, UL, L2EP, Jeumont Electrics, JMH Conception – IMT Nord Europe
- JUNAP – Project seeking to develop a virtual twin of pressure equipment to better manage operational service life. Project in collaboration with Cetim, STCN and Ineos – IMT Nord Europe
- MADEin4: Metrology Advances for Digitized Electronic Components and Systems (ECS) Industry 4.0 – H2020 project on developing new approaches combining analysis and design of metrological data with machine learning methods and digital twins to boost the growth of the European automotive industry – Mines Saint-Étienne
- SC3: Semantically Coordinated Semiconductor Supply Chains – H2020 project for establishing a framework for cooperation between industrial and academic players to encourage interoperability between companies in the semiconductor sector and other industrial sectors to streamline the complex semiconductor production chain – Mines Saint-Étienne
- FITS: Smart and flexible transport systems – ANR project that aims to provide new mathematical models and resolution methods in order to develop smart tools to optimize the delivery of services (such as home care or delivery) – Mines Saint-Étienne
- AGIRE : Decision system for smart management of resources in warehouses – ANR project for the development of innovative human-centered decision support tools to facilitate inventory management in warehouses – Mines Saint-Étienne
- FA4.0: Failure Analysis 4.0 – Key for reliable electronic devices in smart mobility and industrial production – European EUREKA project aimed at providing digital tools and methods for manufacturing reliable electronic components (wafer) based on AI – Mines Saint-Étienne
- Easy Smart Factory – PSPC-Regions 2021 Project – As an overall software and hardware as a service solution, EASY SMART FACTORY will digitize a factory floor quickly and autonomously – Mines Saint-Étienne
- DSAIDIS – Data Science & Artificial Intelligence for Digitalized Industry & Service –Research and teaching chair on artificial intelligence and data science systems for industry – Télécom Paris
- Good In Tech – Research chair that aims to rethink innovation and technology as driving forces for a better world, for and by humans – IMT Business School
- Hexcel – Industrial research and teaching chair on advanced digital modeling for infusion manufacturing processes for next-generation structural composites – Mines Saint-Étienne
- Infrastructures and territories – Chair to support African project organizers in structuring their project, while providing them with training and support from expert professionals to achieve bankable projects – Mines Saint-Étienne
- Complex systems engineering – Leading French research and teaching chair for complex systems architecture and engineering – Télécom Paris
- Frugal engineering and innovation – Research and teaching chair to develop and disseminate industrial expertise and experience in the field of frugal innovation and optimal creative engineering that reconciles economic and societal objectives, synonymous with “sustainable” innovation – Télécom Paris
- Agile Supply Chain – Industrial, research and teaching chair devoted to the theme of agility in supply chains. Its aim is to explore business networks’ organizational processes to help companies better manage uncertainties and malfunctions – Télécom Paris
- Polymers and Composites Technology – Industrial chair on current industrial developments in the field of shaping and designing industrial parts made with plastic and composite materials – IMT Nord Europe
- Critical Infrastructure Model-based System engineering – Industrial CIME Chair to improve collaboration and understanding of risks in a context of increasingly complex projects and constraints – IMT Mines Alès
- CORENSTOCK – Lifecycle-oriented design & systematic approach for energy efficiency in heating system storage, co-funded equally by the French National Research Agency (ANR) and elm.leblanc – Mines Saint-Étienne, IMT
- ISIS – System Engineering – Platform dedicated to the design, verification, validation and assessment of complex systems in order to improve them and respond to industry challenges (performance, safety, interoperability, resilience, maintainability) – IMT Mines Alès
- IT’mFactory – Digitalized physical and virtual factory and space for cooperation, training and prototyping digital technological solutions and organizational solutions based on industrial transition – Mines Saint-Étienne
- MAGIC – Models, Algorithms for Connected Industry – Platform devoted to architectures and software for improving industrial performance (connected objects, industrial supervisory control, MES, cyber, control and optimization etc.) – IMT Nord Europe
- AGIRE – Companies’ Agility and Resilience. Joint laboratory with AGILEA and the Occitanie Region, dedicated to developing innovative methods and tools for supply chain management – IMT Mines Albi-Carmaux
- AllegoRI – Allegorithmic Research and Innovation Joint Laboratory – Joint laboratory with the company Allegorithmic for developing methods to create 3D content, which play a key role in the creative industry and emerging media such as video games, virtual reality, digital manufacturing and the 3D web – Télécom Paris
- DISC – Data-Driven Supply Chain Management. Joint laboratory with the company Next4 dedicated to managing supply chain logistics activities using connected objects – IMT Mines Albi Carmaux
- RE-S-EAU – Resilience and Efficiency of Production and Water Supply Systems, a joint laboratory between Veolia and the Industrial Engineering Center at Mines Albi -Carmaux – IMT Mines Albi-Carmaux
- SCAN – Agile and Digital Collaborative Systems. Joint laboratory with SCALIAN dedicated to providing businesses with risk and opportunity analyses to improve the agility and resilience of their supply chains.