Télécom group

1878

The Ecole Supérieure de Télégraphie (EST), created by the Post and Telegraph Administration, became the  Ecole Professionnelle Supérieure des Postes et Télégraphes (EPSPT) in 1888 and the Ecole Supérieure des Postes et Télégraphes (ESPT) in 1912.

1904

Invention of the word ‘telecommunication’ by Edouard Estaunié, director of the EPSPT

1912

The Ecole Professionnelle Supérieure des Postes et Télégraphes (EPSPT) becomes the Ecole Supérieure des Postes et Télégraphes (ESPT)

1942

ESPT is splitted into two separate entities :
– l’ENSPTT for administrative higher education
– l’ENST (now Télécom ParisTech) for technical education for engineers.The school is managed by the Direction Supérieure des Enseignements (DSE) of the DGT.

1977

Creation of ENST Bretagne

1979

The National Institute for Technical Managers became the National Institute for Telecommunications (INT). INT supported the two current schools, Télécom SudParis and Télécom Business School, which have gradually gained their independence whilst sharing the Evry campus.

1990

Creation of subsidiary establishments (Théséus, ENIC now Télécom Lille)

1991

Creation of subsidiary establishment Eurécom

1996

Following the privatisation of France Télécom, The Groupe des écoles des télécommunications (Telecommunications Schools Group) is created by the Government, on 27 December 1996, as a replacement for the operator in the management of the 3 telecommunications schools.

2008

The Telecommunications Schools Group (GET) changes its name to become Institut Télécom.

2 associate school agreements signed with the ISTASE (now Télécom Saint-Etienne) and ENSPS (now Télécom Physique Strasbourg).

2010

An associate school agreement with ENSEIRB-MATMECA located in Bordeaux

2011

2 associate school agreements signed with ENSIIE in Evry and ESIAL in Nancy

March 1st, 2012

Creation of IMT